Point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) refers to portable ultrasound systems that allow quick and accurate diagnoses of medical conditions or therapeutic image guided interventions at the bedside.
POCUS is emerging as a reliable and valid clinical tool in a wide-range of applications such as resuscitation, cardiac arrest situations, trauma evaluation, monitoring and procedural guidance (regional anesthesia, thoracocentesis, vascular acces etc) in various clinical situations, such as emergency departments, intensive care units, perioperative care, general ward and even in pre-hospital situations.
The ONLINE conference focuses on cutting edge research and clinical evaluations on Point-of-care ultrasound in its different forms and gathers experts from academia and industry to show their latest results and showcase their products and services.
Conference topics cover not only applications of POCUS, but also fundamental research on new technological developments in ultrasound image formation, functional analysis, and image guidance, also leveraging latest advances in ultrafast imaging and artificial intelligence.
The following topics will be covered during the conference:
- Research in applications like: Cardiovascular, General Imaging, Emergency Room, Women’s Health etc.
- Tissue characterization
- (Functional) Imaging
- Data analysis
- Artificial intelligence
- Guidance algorithms
- Quality assessment
The POCUS Conference has been accredited for intensivist with 3 (Continuing Medical Education) CME credits by the following Associations:
- Dutch Association for Anesthesiology (NVA)
- Dutch Association for Cardiology (NVC)
- Dutch Association for Surgery (NVvH)
- Dutch Association for Physicians for Lung Diseases and Tuberculosis (NVALT)
- Dutch Association for Neurosurgery (NVvN)
- Dutch Association for Neurology (NVN)
When you register, please fill in your national Continuing Medical Education number.
Who should attend:
- Emergency physicians
- General practitioners
- Medical professionals.
- Researchers in the field of:
- Business Development, Innovation staff and management of
- Medical Research Institutions
- Hardware suppliers
- Software Suppliers
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions